Practitioners Terms and Conditions
I wish to be granted access to South Coast Radiology’s PACS software so as to be able to review reports and images of patients.
1. I agree with South Coast Radiology as follows:
- that the confidential information which is disclosed or made available to me by accessing the PACS will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed or made available by me, directly or indirectly, to any third party nor used for any purpose other than in the medical care and treatment of patients under my care.
- to take all reasonable steps to preserve the confidentiality of the confidential information;
- that nothing in this Agreement shall be understood as granting to me, expressly or by implication, any proprietary or other rights to the that I will not disclose, reveal or use confidential information;
- that I will not disclose, reveal or use, directly or indirectly, for my own benefit or for the benefit of others, or for any other reason whatsoever the confidential information;
- that I shall not write, edit, or publish, or cause to be written, edited or published, any paper, article, journal, speech or other medium of communication concerning any part or aspect of the confidential information except with the prior written consent of South Coast Radiology.
2. Each of the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be deemed to be separate and severable from the other of them and if any one or more of them are determined to be invalid or unenforceable by any Court of competent jurisdiction, such determination and the consequential severance (if any) shall not invalidate the rest of the Agreement which shall remain in full force and effect as if such terms and conditions have not been made a part thereof.
3. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement nor consent to any departure there from, by or on behalf of South Coast Radiology shall be effective unless the same shall be in writing and then such waiver or consent shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose for which it is given. No default or delay on the part of South Coast Radiology in exercising any rights, powers or privileges hereunder shall operate as a waiver thereof or of any other right hereunder; nor shall a single or partial exercise thereof preclude any other or further exercise thereof, or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege hereunder.
4. I am aware that South Coast Radiology is able to track all activity in relation to accession of data on the PACS and as such must not disclose my log in password to any other party. I acknowledge that if inappropriate access is discovered during an audit by South Coast Radiology I am responsible for that access if it shown to be under my log in and as such be responsible for any actions that may result from this inappropriate or unauthorized access.
5. In this Agreement “confidential information” shall mean, without limitation to its natural and ordinary meaning, all details which may be supplied to, known by, or ascertained howsoever by me as to:
- the personnel employed by, professional and other advisers of, and associates of South Coast Radiology;
- information concerning patients’ examinations and examination reports
- any matter or thing whatsoever touching the affairs of South Coast Radiology.